Career Opportunities Webuadmin
Vice President of Development (Full Time)
Summary of Position
Leukemia Texas is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Vice President of Development to manage fundraising efforts as we move into our 50th anniversary. Under the direction of the CEO, the Vice President will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the philanthropic investment of Leukemia Texas, including all fundraising relations. The position is responsible for designing and implementing an overall plan and methodology to secure approximately $1M-1.5M in year one from a variety of sources, including individual, corporation, foundation, online giving, campaigns and other initiatives, specifically for signature special events.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for signature fundraising events including planning, implementation, soliciting sponsors, players, auction and follow up. Events include Beat Leukemia Ball, Fly Fore Leukemia, Concert for a Cure and Golf Classic.
• Research, identify, and solicit outside funding support for all events and meet/exceed aggressive annual fundraising goals.
• Responsible for building and managing relationships with current and prospective donors, including individuals, corporations, foundations, community groups, current and former Board of Trustees, etc.
• Recruit and manage/support development committees/meetings for each event
• Ensure development and maintenance of appropriate fund development systems, including donor data management and gift processing as well as donor relations, including research, cultivation, stewardship, and recognition.
• Maintain accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources.
• Responsible for the strategy, planning, and implementation of year-round annual giving to garner support from individuals, corporations, and foundation donors ensuring implementation of cost-effective philanthropy programs.
• Ensure sound fiscal operation, including developing, maintaining, implementing and reporting on the income budget at Board meetings.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. CFRE credentials preferred. Seven (7) plus years’ experience working in the non-profit sector with proven five and six-figure fundraising success is strongly required. Candidate will provide a track record of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken a program or organization to the next stage of growth.
Skills & Abilities
• Ability to work in a confidential environment
• Familiar with Apple Computer systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and Donor Management Database systems; QuickBooks experience a plus
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Possess poise and effective interpersonal skills
• Be a self-starter, flexible, organized, and detail-oriented
• Ability to multi-task and work well within deadlines/under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects at the same time, and meet deadlines
• Excellent human interaction skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff, customers and board members required
• Exemplary professionalism, integrity and team attitude
• Must have a valid Texas driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
• Ability to travel across the metroplex often and throughout the state when appropriate, required
• Work requires normal physical effort, visual attention, manual dexterity or coordination; lifting of items weighing approximately 25 pounds
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by the CEO.
Leukemia Texas is a platinum-rated, independent nonprofit corporation dedicated to fighting the life-threatening blood cancer of leukemia through the funding of leukemia research and patient aid in Texas. Over the past several years, we have funded every eligible patient aid applicant. We are the only organization of its kind where funds raised in Texas, stay in Texas! Learn more at www.LeukemiaTexas.org.
Wise Resource Development has been retained to lead the recruitment of the Vice President of Development for Leukemia Texas. Wise Resource Development is a nonprofit consulting agency specializing in recruiting skilled fundraising professionals.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, salary history and requirements to Mrs. Brittney Bannon at [email protected].